Thursday 7 February 2013

Laser Cutting..

Last week we had a session where we were taught to use the laser cutter, I was looking forward to this session as i though it'd be good to use this process to make my packaging, so i found my way around illustrator and made the shapes we had to make, i found this extremely difficult as i'm not the best for being patient but i got there eventually.

I took this to the workshop and although it was a lot quicker than cutting it out and i'm not a fan out cutting things by hand, as i don't have the steadiest hand i wasn't amazed by the laser cutting process, as when the edges and shapes were cut the ends of the paper were burnt and the smell wasn't great! So i am therefore undecided on whether I will use this as the method i want to use to cut out my net.

No comments:

Post a Comment